Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and autism are both general terms for a group of complex disorders of brain development. These disorders are characterized, in varying degrees, by difficulties in social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication and repetitive behaviors. They include autistic disorder, Rett syndrome, childhood disintegrative disorder, pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) and Asperger syndrome. ASD can be associated with intellectual disability, difficulties in motor coordination and attention and physical health issues such as sleep and gastrointestinal disturbances.
Forum For Autism has a wide knowledge-network of parents and professionals that is made readily available to anybody in the field of ASD, whether they are parents/caregivers of freshly diagnosed children, families that have
recently moved to Mumbai, parents in search of doctors, therapists, schools or other facilities for children with ASD. Professionals and Researchers too have availed of this network from time to time.
Our Parent Trustees
Parul Kumtha, President
Babita Raja, Secretary
Chitra Iyer, Treasurer
Our Core Group of Parents
|Beena Modak||S. Ranganathan||Alka Baghdadi||Chandra Shetty|
|Sulekha Doshi||Sunil Salvi||Manjusha Sawant||Rajendra Kshirsagar|
|Venugopal||Ravi Iyer||Jaya Sudhakar||Radha Iyer|
|Kunda Salvi||Anand Kumtha||Fatima Shaikh||Archana Patil|
|Darshana Sawant||Vijayashree R||Vanishree V||Paramita Majumdar|
Our Advisory Committee
Dr. Vrajesh P. Udani, Pediatric Neurologist
Dr. Vibha Krishnamurthy, Pediatrician, Specialist in Developmental Disorders
Dr. Anjali Joshi, Senior Occupational Therapist
Ms. Merry Barua, Director, Action For Autism
Our Ambassadors for Autism
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
- Forum for Autism makes an appeal to Shrimati Pankaja Munde to make CCTV installation compulsory in all premises of schools and centres that cater to persons with disability.
- Felicitation for children who have cleared Board exams this year (2015)
- Conference on National Action Plan
- FFA’s Search and Find Protocol – Directory of Individuals with Autism
- Good Practices in the Learning Environment
- PRESS RELEASE- Charter of rights for children on the autism spectrum , on the occasion of 2nd April 2014 – World Autism Awareness Day
- Concessions for ASD in SSC Board – Getting Writer for Std IX and Std X Students
- ONLINE DONATION PAGE For FFA
- DONATE FOR AUTISM !!!!
- AUTISM EK BIKAT VAAT TE VAHIVAAT – Book about Autism in Marathi – Available at the Forum For Autism Library